• The test provides a reliable estimate of the total cholesterol level in the blood.
• Easy to follow instructions.
• The test provides early detection of potential raised cholesterol.
• A visible result in three minutes.
• Everything you need to complete the test at home.
What are the benefits of testing for cholesterol levels?
• Having raised cholesterol levels can increase your risk of heart and coronary diseases
• Early detection of raised cholesterol levels allows you to take preventative action
How to use the test
The test is to be carried out on an empty stomach.
The test can be done first thing in the morning.
• 1: The test requires a finger prick sample of blood
• 2: Visual result is available in less than 5 minutes.
• 3: Read the full instruction manual contained in the pack before use.
How to read your results
Below 5.0mmol/l - This means the level is the target for most people
Between 5.0mmol/l - 7.5mmol/l - This means the level is high
Above 7.5mmol/l - This means the level is very high
Who can use the test?
The test is suitable for everyone, but is strongly recommended for:
• Those with diabetes, as they are at a greater risk of heart and coronary disease
• Those with a family history of heart disease
• Adults aged 40 years and over
What next steps can I take if the results are high or very high?
You should speak to your pharmacist for a more thorough test and advice.
No medical decision should be taken without consulting a pharmacist or your doctor.
Steps can be taken to improve your lifestyle may help to reduce cholesterol levels:
• Stopping smoking
• Reducing alcohol intake
• Increasing physical activity
• Eating more fresh fruit, vegetables and fish oil
• Drinking more water
If your results are between 5.0mmol/l and 7.5mmol/l you may like to speak to your pharmacist about maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and discuss the options available, including Betavivo or Arterin.
Each pack contains 1 test card, 1 micro safety lancet, 1 plaster and 1 instruction leaflet
If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, we recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP
Once you've got your kit, make sure to read all of the enclosed instructions - they'll make sure you easily and safely get the best sample possible.
Time to take your sample. All of our health tests come with the exact tools you need to take a sample in the comfort of your own home.
Put your sample in the prepaid envelope provided and pop it in the post. Now you can sit back and relax - we'll let you know when your results are ready.