What are the benefits of testing for blood in my poo?
• 95% of all cases of colon cancer develop from polyps that can be undetected for years
• The third most common cancer in the UK is bowel cancer
• The early detection of polyps in the bowel means they can be removed before any malignant forms have chance to grow
How do I know if I can use this test?
Anyone can use this test, but for adults aged 40 years and over it is strongly recommended
How often should I be checking my bowel health?
You should test at least once a year for the presence of hidden blood in your poo if you are over 40 years of age
How do you use the test?
1: The test requires a fresh stool (poo) sample.
2: Visual results will be available within 5 minutes.
3: Read the full instruction manual contained in the pack before use.
How to read your results
If there are 2 purple lines in the test window then you have a positive! detection of blood in the stool (poo)
If there is 1 purple line in the test window then you have a negative! result and blood is not present in the stool (poo)
If there are no lines in the test window after 10 minutes then the test is invalid and you should refer to the instruction manual for details
Pack Contains: Each pack contains 1 sample container with buffer solution and collection stick, 1 test cassette and full instructions for use.
• Easy to follow instructions for use.
• Sample collection system.
• No food or drink limited prior to testing.
• The test can be carried out at any time of day.
• Visible result within 5 minutes.
• Completely hygienic test procedure.
• Home Tested - No need to send off for results.
If you are concerned about the symptoms you are experiencing, we recommend that you seek medical advice from your GP or one of our Pharmacists. If you have completed a self-test and are concerned about your results or your symptoms are still present, we suggest that you talk to your GP or pharmacist for more info.
Once you've got your kit, make sure to read all of the enclosed instructions - they'll make sure you easily and safely get the best sample possible.
Samples need to be taken on 3 different days, and put into the pots provided containing a preservative. On the final day, a sample is also placed into a pot without preservative, so we can examine the live gut fauna.
Put your sample in the prepaid envelope provided and pop it in the post. Now you can sit back and relax - we'll let you know when your results are ready.